Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Bar Art Series, Part 10: "At Least It Isn't My Anus"


"At Least It Isn't My Anus"
Ken Basin
June 25, 2008

If you recognize that little cloud dude, then you know this drawing is far more innocuous than its rather disturbing title would suggest. It's an homage to Don Hertzfeldt's legendary "Rejected" cartoon, the first of a few our group ultimately produced (look for a special guest artist soon). Hertzfeldt's little cloud man ultimately drowned in a flood of blood gushing from his own anus, while his dancing compatriots cheered on. I just wanted to express my annoyance with my own sickly body, which had taken to rather sustained nosebleeds during a few allergy-intensive days that accompanied a heat wave. The day before this was drawn, I had to scrub down our shower to make sure it didn't look like someone had just recreated the shower scene from Psycho there.

No comments: