Friday, May 23, 2008

New York photo travelogue


Oh my God it's real! And it's only, like, 10 years out of date!


Through a rather random connection that is not worth explaining (but involves this little project of mine), I got us backstage at Colbert. Stephen Colbert high-fived me! Vigorously! And then he shook my hand and told Tina here that he loves her mom too. The show was awesome enough, but the experience is also memorable for being the only time someone has ever told me that I made them as happy as they had ever been in their lives (you're welcome, Tina).


A bag of bunnies in the Theatre District. If I had a bag of bunnies, I know that's what I'd do: sit with them on the sidewalk of 43rd St. and wait for passers-by to fawn.


Apparently, this "OMFG" ad campaign has been going for some time now. But I'm new to the Gossip Girls thing, and I think it's freaking awesome.


FAO Schwartz: where awesome stuffed animal pictures happen.


Who would buy this? Who would give this to their child? It's disturbing! This product must be made for people who secretly hate and resent their children. If I hated my child, I would buy this enormous spider, and set it up right next to their face while they slept, and shut the door just loudly enough as I exited to wake them. Then I'd stand in the hallway and wait for the screams.


What's that you say? This picture of me hitting on Lego Hermione isn't seedy and disturbing enough for you? Then look closer, I say.


Yeah, that's my open fly. It's okay, Hermione. Touch it! Love it! Liebe mein abschmenkee!


I mean, sure, it's a nice enough picture. But it's just not salacious enough compared to the other one, even if Harry is looking a bit...puckered.


Best amateur Big piano performance ever!


"And I do my little turn on the catwalk..."


Nobody has ever quite buttered my corn like Pam here...


...which explains why Brian couldn't help but reach for a bite.


Oh Rice to Riches, the only thing I love more than your saucy slogans and incisive observations is your ridiculously delicious rice pudding.


Thanks again, New York! You're always there for a good time...or just some good advice.

No comments: