Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween by the numbers

Bed-time the three nights prior to Halloween: 8:30 am (Sunday "night"), 4:30 am (Monday "night"), 4:00 am (Tuesday "night")

Asking price for the cheap felt fez alone on my aborted Aladdin costume: HKD $98 (US $12)

Price of the bling for my Kevin Federline costume: HKD $100 (US $12.50) for 2 big chains

People who got the Kevin Federline joke without having it explained: 8

People outside of the group I came with who got the Kevin Federline joke without having it explained: 1

People from outside the United States and Canada who got the Kevin Federline joke without having it explained: 0

Number of cigarettes I put in my bronchitis-suffering mouth as part of the costume:
2

Number of cigarettes I actually smoked into my bronchitis-suffering lungs: 0

Prescription medications I'm on:
4

Actual number of prescription pills I took before leaving for Halloween festivities: 6

Pints of Carlsberg it took to get pretty buzzed as a result:
3

People in Lan Kwai Fong: 42 gajillion (estimated)

Minutes required to shuffle through the massive line of people in the streets just to get into Lan Kwai Fong: 45 (reported)

Number of lady police officers my friend and I flirted into letting us go through a sealed-off shortcut and bypass the entire line: 3

Minutes it took to flirt our way by: 5

Drunken fights involving my friends that I was forced to help break up:
2

How many different friends were actually involved in those fights: 1

Number of racial slurs allegedly delivered while standing at urinals that instigated one of those fights: 1

Actual price of the French toast I ate at 4:30 am: HKD $20 (US $2.50)

Value to me of that French toast in that moment: HKD $200 (US $25)

Time I went to bed: 5:30 am

Number of days my body is going to make me regret this: too damn many

No comments: