Friday, June 01, 2007

Lawyers in a box

Our office is arranged so that the lawyers' offices are on the edges of the building and the assistants are arranged around the hallways. Several times every day, as I walk toward my office from the stairwell or elevator, I pass a bunch of lawyers' inboxes that are arranged by the hallway. But inexplicably, there is a space in "Inbox," so that it reads "In Box." Nearly every time I see this, my brain reads it as "In a Box."

"[Junior Associate] In a Box."

"[Name Partner] In a Box."

"[Of Counsel] In a Box."

I don't know, it amuses me more than it should.

As does this. I'm not really a celebrity observer, but the thought of Paris Hilton in jail brings me a certain joy that could only be dissipated if her insipid little handlers decide to convert this into another reality TV deal for her. With the Writers Guild strike on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

No comments: