Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Where has my 7 hours gone?

The last couple of days, I've been commuting to work by car, which is sort of a new experience for me (I walked to work in New York last summer). Today as I was heading home, I realized it took me like 3 minutes just to get out of the parking garage from where I park on level D. That's time I never think about, never include when I estimate travel time, but it adds up.

This summer, I will go through the parking garage twice a day, for 3 minutes per trip. That's 6 minutes a day, 30 minutes a week, for 14 weeks (I'll only be in this office building for 7 weeks, but for argument's sake, let's say I'll spend the same amount of time navigating the garage for my second firm this summer). I will lose 7 hours in parking garages this summer. What the hell?

2 comments:

Sameer said...

Get a bike!

Ken Basin said...

Actually I AM getting a bike, and I'm gonna ride it to work when I start at my next firm in July.