Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My title haunts me

We had wintry mix today. On April 4. It is 1 am and it is still snowing.

Man was not meant to live like this.

5-day forecast in Los Angeles: 72, 75, 72, 71, 68. I feel like if it didn't slip below 70, it would make my point better, but the point stands.

Edit! Care of T-Sinister, it seems that I'm not the only one who fears the scourge of wintry mix. The relevant quote:
I don't know if any of you have ever had the pleasure of experiencing a Boston winter, but if not let me awaken your senses. It's basically an 8 month-long night of sitting in your bathtub tearlessly crying while listening to Townes Van Zandt/Joy Division mashups, half-heartedly trying to cut your wrists with the Lady Bic of some jawn you were hot for that you just found out gave brain to Mr. Len in the bathroom during some poetry slam in Central Square. No. It's really like that. For everyone. 8 months.

No comments: