Saturday, April 07, 2007

Inernets explosion, the sequel: now more stolen from other people than ever!

Are you from a Scrabble family or not? My family was Scrabbophobic, but that might have something to do with the immigrant thang. We were Trivial Pursuers anyhow, but it's still interesting to see how the other half lives.

I spent so much time in England listening to my friends rant about the joy of "watching chiseled hunks in pants fight for 2 hours" (editor's note: their "pants" is our "underwear"; their "trousers" is our "pants"), and still I have not seen 300. For shame! But now I might wait for the PG version to hit on DVD. I mean, Sparta is interesting and all, but I'm more curious to learn about Caketown:



Of course, the English boys' fixation on the men in pants does raise other questions, particularly when you compare it to the sometimes peckish behavior of their royals.

But I guess it's true you can never really trust your leaders these days. I mean, just imagine: if Darth Vader could be implicated in the destruction of the Death Star, then nothing is holy!

Things like this make me realize how badly I need web-minions:



See, this? This is genius. And all it does is make me want to have someone take Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" or some other such masterpiece, and set it to an equally worthy bit of 80s cinema. Someday, I will have these minions, and they will serve my will.

P.S. Special shout-out to Jamason and Jesse for having a competition to top each other with web-nonsense, and being the sources for most of this post, which is allowing me to not start writing my 30-page paper.