Monday, April 09, 2007

"He died at his storyboard"

Turns out the guy who created the "B.C." comic strip died yesterday. I was never a fan of "B.C.," and haven't really read newspaper comics for years, having long since abandoned them in favor of webcomics. But one part of the obit jumped out at me: he apparently literally died at his storyboard.

On the one hand, there's something very poignant about that. On the other hand, it's only poignant because being a cartoonist seems like a fun job and because the guy seemed to genuinely love doing it. If I died at my law firm desk, no matter how old I was, I would consider it an unmitigated tragedy.

Incidentally, this is exciting to me: Oasis, the Killers, the Kaiser Chiefs, and Travis covering "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?" Yes, please!

1 comment:

gaaia said...

linked you on my blog.
X
minu